Sunday, June 5, 2011

New apartment

So after two weeks of eating like kings, having lots of fun, familiarizing ourselves with the city, walking like crazy and practicing our French (mostly with ordering food, like croque Monsieur), my family has left and Clark and I have transferred from the lovely latin quarter to rue ponthieu near the champs-élysées. Clark played bike polo with some French guys (who drank Perrier and Badoit and chain smoked) last Saturday, I hope to start being a bit more integrated with the people here for this next month, so polo should be fun. I also have to read a lot for school, maybe I can find a book club, lol.
Today is Sunday, a day of rest. The streets this morning were deserted even at nine in the morning and there was much barf on the streets and the metro cars. Saturday is apparently the night to go out. Today once we settled in I mostly slept the afternoon away, I'm sure all the French tennis fans are watching the French open today. A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment