Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Update finally

It's a nice night here in Strasbourg even though it poured most of the early evening. We arrived in Strasbourg from St malo on Monday, the city is very cool. It is like a German Annecy but more city-like. They have a bunch of canals and squares and bike paths, but they have more malls and bookstores and cafes. The food has a lot of German influence and is really good. I Like the choucroute (sauerkraut) and the beer. Tonight we had mussels though, which weren't bad, but after eating a whole pot of them, it was a bit too much for me.
Today I had my only junk breakfast since I arrived in France. We bought croissants from a boulangerie, but I'm not sure that they can really be called croissants - just because it is made of bread and butter and slightly crescent shaped doesn't make it a croissant. So tomorrow we will need to venture more into the city (we are on the outskirts of town) for a new boulangerie. Unfortunately there aren't boulangeries every block like there are in Paris.
Today we went to Germany and it was funny because I know absolutely no German. It was hard to order a beer. I thought most German people spoke English so when the waiter came up and started talking German I tentatively asked, English?, but he just said something about not understanding and he walked away. Fortunately he came back and Clark ordered for us in broken English, especially broken French, and pointing. We then went to McDonalds since Clark needs to go in every country, I made Clark order. Muahaha. Ordering at McDonalds is very hard for me in French since the items have mostly English names. It is really confusing. I didn't want to try ordering from a German menu using English German and French, Clark managed using broken English, really broken French, and pointing... muahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment